The Whitgift Centre is a large shopping centre and office development in the centre of Croydon, London. With 1,302,444 sq ft (121,001.0 m2) of retail space it was the largest covered shopping development in Greater London. Hammerson and Westfield have recently formed a joint venture to redevelop the shopping mall.
- Shopping centre groups are constantly trying to identify ways to improve exposure for tenants in order to justify rents and rates, increase sales and the overall satisfaction of tenants and customers.
- The Whitgift Shopping Centre also wanted to increase dwell time at the centre and capitalise on the fact that nearly half (48%) of shoppers are driven to a retail outlet to take advantage of different promotions.
Key objective were to:
- Attract visitors and increase footfall.
- Improve value and exposure for tenants, to justify rents and rates.
- Increase sales and overall satisfaction of tenants and customers.
- TopScreen Media delivered the Offerpod a consumer enhancement product developed to enhance customer engagement and help drive footfall to retailers.
- This allowed the shopping centre and retailers to deliver and manage real time offers to customers in the right place, at the right time directly in the centre and capitalise on passing customers.
- For the first time ever customers could view centre specific offers and instantly access them from the platform and redeem in store, driving sales and footfall whilst inviting impulse purchase.
- The Offerpod is purposely delivered on a familiar platform that looks like a giant IPod inviting interaction with no need for training.
- The platform also provides multiple ways to redeem the offer including through mobile, web and instantly print out from the Offerpod.